Although the feature set of the new iPad was largely known ahead of its launch, this has hardly hindered its popularity with consumers. More than 75% of the readers polled by TheStreet said that they would buy the tablet.
Of the 2,094 people who voted in the poll, 730, or 34.86% of respondents, said they had pre-ordered it already, reflecting strong demand for the product. A note on the Apple website, for example, says the new tablet is available in 2-3 weeks. The day the iPad was announced, Apple said it would ship on March 16.
More than 40% (40.87%) of those who voted, or 856 people, said they would "buy it eventually," but would not buy it right away. Some 14.99% of voters said they already owned an iPad, and did not see a reason to upgrade to the new tablet.Just 9.26% or 194 of those who took the poll, voted, "I will buy another tablet or none at all." J.P. Morgan analyst Mark Moskowitz called the new iPad a quality upgrade based off the tech specs. "The improved technology specs of the new iPad should sustain Apple's market leadership, in our view, and the company's market leadership through innovation stands to continue," Moskowitz wrote in a recent research report. He rates Apple "overweight" with a $625 price target. The iPad includes Retina Display and Long Term Evolution (LTE) capability to run on 4G networks fromAT&T (T) and Verizon (VZ). The 9.7-inch tablet also has a new iSight back-end 5 megapixel camera, and a quad-core microprocessor. Interested in more on Apple? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/commodity_bull. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV