FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., March 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Metals USA Holdings Corp. ("Metals USA") (NYSE: MUSA), a leading provider of processed carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminum and other metals, announced today that it has acquired Gregor Technologies, LLC ("Gregor"). Metals USA expects that the transaction will be immediately accretive to earnings.
Gregor operates from a state-of-the-art 70,000 square foot facility in Torrington, Connecticut. Established in 1989, Gregor provides high-quality custom-crafted parts and assemblies and tailored solutions to OEM customers in several attractive end markets. These markets include industrial equipment manufacturing, scientific instruments, electronics, aerospace, homeland security and defense.
Lourenco Goncalves, Chairman, President, and C.E.O. of Metals USA, stated: "We are very pleased to complete the acquisition of Gregor Technologies. Gregor's strong margin performance through the cycle, emphasis on specialized value-added processing, and commitment to customers are all attributes we seek in an acquisition. In an environment where more and more customers are outsourcing low volume, high cost metal processing, we believe Gregor is a solid addition to the Metals USA platform."
Mr. Goncalves continued: "Gregor represents a continuation of the M&A growth strategy we articulated in our IPO and have consistently executed since then. We will continue to seek high quality acquisitions, like Gregor, that average-up Metals
USA's EBITDA margin."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV