BlackRock Kelso Capital Corporation Stock Upgraded (BKCC)
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 43.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 34.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.45, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels.
- The gross profit margin for BLACKROCK KELSO CAPITAL CORP is currently very high, coming in at 77.60%. Regardless of BKCC's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, BKCC's net profit margin of 38.90% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Capital Markets industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 20.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $16.32 million to $12.94 million.
- BLACKROCK KELSO CAPITAL CORP's earnings per share declined by 28.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Stable earnings per share over the past year indicate the company has sound management over its earnings and share float. Despite the past stability of earnings, the consensus estimate anticipates a weakening in earnings. During the past fiscal year, BLACKROCK KELSO CAPITAL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.21 versus $1.20 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 17.8% in earnings ($1.00 versus $1.21).
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.