Macy’s Herald Square (NYSE:M), New York City’s most iconic department store, is undergoing a monumental makeover with the ground-breaking for the World’s Largest Shoe Floor beginning today. With the first phase of a four-year renovation project of the famous flagship now underway, 300,000 pairs of shoes will step into a brand-new 63,000 square foot space (retail and stock) in the Broadway building, making the shoe floor on 2 the “must-shop” destination of the fall 2012 season. Taking the shopping experience to a new level, the second floor space will feature brand-new luxury shoe shops, a designer shoe salon, and curated shoe closets inspired by New York City’s trendiest neighborhoods. While shopping for shoes, customers can indulge their senses with the best champagne from around the world at the store’s new, stylish coffee, champagne and chocolate bar within the space.
With the construction of the shoe floor, Macy’s Herald Square enters the first phase of a renovation project that will continue through November 2012 bringing dramatic changes to the Main Floor, Mezzanine and Second Levels, and all Broadway entrances. Announced in November 2011, the renovation will be one of the biggest retail remodels ever with the Manhattan flagship ultimately undergoing a total top-to-bottom transformation. The multi-year, multi-million dollar ($400 million) renovation project will reconfigure the legendary landmark through architectural and technological enhancements adding an extra 100,000 square feet of selling space. Increasing its retail space to 1.2 million square feet, the store will bring in new departments, dining destinations and multi-level shops offering the world’s leading luxury brands, as well as establishing the World’s Largest Shoe Floor for a unique shopping experience found only at the World’s Largest Store.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV