NEW YORK, March 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Cohen & Steers Closed-End Opportunity Fund, Inc. (NYSE: FOF) announced today that, as required by its charter, it will submit to a stockholder vote a proposal that the Fund convert from a closed-end fund to an open-end fund following its shares trading on the New York Stock Exchange at an average discount from their net asset value of 7.5% or more over a period of 75 consecutive trading days. The conversion proposal, which would require the affirmative vote of a majority of the outstanding shares in order to be approved, will be considered at a special meeting of stockholders. More information about the proposal will be included in a proxy statement to be delivered to stockholders of record as of March 19, 2012.
Cohen & Steers Closed-End Opportunity Fund, Inc. is a closed-end fund investing in other closed-end funds. The Fund's investment objective is to seek total return, consisting of high current income and potential capital appreciation.
More information is available at cohenandsteers.com.
Symbol: NYSE: CNSAbout Cohen & Steers. Founded in 1986, Cohen & Steers is a leading global investment management firm focused on global real estate securities, global listed infrastructure, real assets, large cap value stocks, and preferred securities. The company also manages alternative investment strategies such as hedged real estate securities portfolios and private real estate multimanager strategies for qualified investors. Headquartered in New York City, with offices in London, Brussels, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seattle, Cohen & Steers serves institutional and individual investors through a broad range of investment vehicles. SOURCE Cohen & Steers
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV