Freeport-McMoRan (FCX) was another new position for Soros Fund Management in the fourth quarter, with 370,300 shares purchased, for 0.33% of the total portfolio.
Freeport is also one of the top holdings at Steven Cohen's SAC Capital, with a 2.8 million-share stake.Stock Overview: Freeport is an international mining company. It engages in the mining of copper, gold and molybdenum. It has a market cap of $37.5 billion. The stock, which yields 2.5 and has a short interest ratio of 1.1, closed off 72 cents, or 1.8%, at $38.78 on Friday. Analyst Ratings: Of 17 analysts covering the stock, all rate it a buy. TheStreet Ratings has a B- buy rating on Freeport, with a $49.56 price target. Freeport shows up on lists of 6 Stocks Driving the Economy in 2012 and 10 Stocks JPMorgan Says Could Rise. Follow @stockpickr
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV