The Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) is trading up 43 points (+0.3%) at 12,950 as of Friday, Mar 9, 2012, 11:39 a.m. ET. During this time, 231.4 million shares of the 30 Dow components have changed hands vs. an average daily trading volume of 818.6 million. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 2,192 issues advancing vs. 649 declining with 122 unchanged. Holding back the Dow today is McDonald's Corporation (NYSE:MCD), which is lagging the broader Dow index with a 36-cent decline (-0.4%) bringing the stock to $96.60. Volume for McDonald's Corporation currently sits at 3.8 million shares traded vs. an average daily trading volume of 5.4 million shares. McDonald's Corporation has a market cap of $101.04 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. Shares are down 3.4% year to date as of Thursday's close. The stock's dividend yield sits at 2.8%. McDonald's Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, franchises and operates McDonald's restaurants primarily in the United States, Europe, the Asia Pacific, the Middle East, and Africa. The company has a P/E ratio of 19, below the average leisure industry P/E ratio of 19.3 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. TheStreet Ratings rates McDonald's Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, notable return on equity and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
- You can view the full McDonald's Ratings Report.
Latest Headlines about MCD
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV