March 9, 2012
/PRNewswire/ -- Providing the latest in integrated multimedia module solutions and products, Z3 Technology today introduced its high-performance Z3-DM8168-RPS-Lite H.264 1080p60 system based on the DaVinci™ DM8168 video processor from Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI).
The Z3-DM8168-RPS-Lite is based upon our Z3-DM8168-MOD-24 module, which uses TI's DaVinci DM8168 video processor. Our Z3-DM8168-MOD-24 module is 88mm x 108mm in size and supports up to 1.2GHz ARM® Cortex™-A8, 1.0GHz TMS320C674x floating-point DSP, 1GB of DDR3 and 256MB of Flash, GigE, USB 2.0, SATA2, PCIe 2.0, HDMI and RS-232. The Z3-DM8168-MOD-24 features a unique expansion interface comprised of five high-density connectors providing access to the greatest majority of interface signals available from the DM8168 video processor.
The Z3-DM8168-RPS-Lite OEM-ready module is available today. To view the Z3-DM8168-RPS-Lite datasheet, contact Z3 at
Key features and benefits of the Z3-DM8168-RPS-Lite
- Fully integrated hardware and software audio/video system
- Cost effective design, ready for manufacturing volumes
- Supports H.264 multichannel in all video resolutions from QCIF to 1080p60
- High Density Board-to-Board connectors to allow access to all major interfaces and peripherals on TI's DaVinci DM8168 video processor
- Multiple interfaces including gigabit Ethernet, PCI Express, SATA2, DDR3, USB 2.0, MMC/SD, HDMI and DVI
- One Z3-DM8168-MOD-24 OEM-ready video SOM
- Size: 88mm x 108mm
- 1GB, 256MB Flash, SATA2, GigE, USB 2.0, Serial port
- High Density B2B Connectors
- HDMI, YPbPr and Composite Video Out
- Multiple digital video and audio I/O ports
- Pre-loaded with Linux 2.6.3x and TI's EZSDK
- UBL, u-boot, root file-system, NAND boot, tool chain, flash programming tool
- OpenMAX-IL framework
- B2B Interface Documentation
- 12V DC Power Supply
- Serial cable and gender changer
"The Z3-DM8168-RPS-Lite module-only system offers customers a cost effective, customizable solution enabling them to fully leverage the performance and integration of TI's DaVinci DM8168 processor. With the pre-loaded Linux and EZSDK, developers have the opportunity to integrate the latest 1080p60 DaVinci video technology into their application, thereby significantly reducing development expenses and product time to market," says
, CEO, Z3 Technology.
"Z3's solution enables quick time to market for developers who want to design products using TI's high-performance DaVinci DM8168 video processor," said
, business unit manager, DaVinci video communications products, TI. "With Z3's module, developers can provide life-like, real-time video solutions to a number of end equipments such as video security, transcoding and industrial DVR that demand high performance and superior video quality."
About Z3 Technology
Z3 Technology is a leading provider of OEM ready multimedia systems for a variety of video-centric end applications. Our mission is to provide our customers a production proven multimedia system and superior technical services to substantially reduce customer cost and time-to-market.