Pall: S&P Intraday Laggard
The S&P 500 rose 4.14 points, or 0.3%, to 1,370.05 in early trading Friday.
Shares of Pall fell 2.21% to $59.85. The stock was downgraded by JPMorgan analysts to underweight from neutral on Friday.
"If there were a single message that Pall's management intended to communicate to its investor base in the 2Q:F12 conference call, it was that Pall's rate of volume growth for 2012 was slowing," JPMorgan analysts wrote in a report Friday. "Sales measured in local currency for the quarter increased 8%: by contrast, orders increased by 3.4%. If Pall thought that its sales growth rate, measured in local currency, was 5-6% earlier, it thought that 4-5% was now more appropriate."Pall on Wednesday reported second-quarter earnings of $84.7 million, or 73 cents a share, up from year-ago earnings of $75.7 million, or 65 cents. Pall has an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 16.51 times; the average for industrial machinery companies is 14.9. For comparison, both Parker-Hannifin (PH) and Rockwell Automation (ROK) have lower forward P/Es of 11.28 and 13,52, respectively. Five of the 11 analysts who cover Pall rated it buy. Four analysts gave the stock a hold rating and two rated it sell. TheStreet Ratings gives Pall an A+ grade with a buy rating and a $78.20 price target. The stock has risen 4.81% year to date.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV