Legget & Platt
The engineered components company reported last month fourth-quarter earnings of $8.7 million, or 6 cents a share, down from year-ago earnings of $31.4 million, or 21 cents."The shares have retreated to a level that we believe presents a compelling entry point," Hilliard Lyons analysts wrote in a Feb. 7 report. "We are thus raising our rating on shares of LEG from Neutral to Long-term Buy with a 12-month price target of $28." Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 5.1% Rated "B (Buy)" by TheStreet Ratings: The company's fourth-quarter gross profit margin was about the same as it was last year. Leggett & Platt has average liquidity. Its Quick Ratio is 1.26, which shows the company can technically meet its short-term cash needs. In the fourth quarter, stockholders' net worth decreased 13.93% from the prior year. TheStreet Ratings' price target is $25.84. The stock closed Friday at $22.42 and has fallen 2.69% year to date.
Legg Mason The asset management company had $631 billion in assets under management in January, up from $627 billion in December. "With the cost streamlining now complete, operating margins are set to improve with the potential for additional tailwind from improving equity markets," Jefferies analysts wrote in a Feb. 27 report. "Flow trends will remain the focus as LM looks to build momentum heading into 2012. Early signs around investment performance and retail flow trends are generally encouraging." Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 1.2% Rated "B (Buy)" by TheStreet Ratings: The company's third-quarter gross profit margin was about the same as it was last year. Legg Mason is extremely liquid. Its Quick Ratio is 2.32, which shows the company can meet its short-term cash needs. In the third quarter, stockholders' net worth decreased 2.86% from the prior year. TheStreet Ratings' price target is $32.55. The stock closed Friday at $27.48 and has risen 14.26% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV