South bracketNew Orleans: Abita Turbodog
Abita gets a bye in the first round, but it's ready to dance right now.
Abita has been a New Orleans staple since 1986, and the beers that flow from the brewer's Abita Springs facility will be front and center during the Final Four festivities. If you want to make it to the championship and need something with alcohol content a little less hefty than a hurricane in a plastic cup, that's where Turbodog comes in.
A simple English brown ale that combines Willamette hops with pale, crystal and chocolate malt, Turbodog has a mild chocolate-and-toffee flavor to match its 5.6% ABV. It'll likely be the only thing that mellow in New Orleans during the Final Four.
Atlanta: Sweetwater's 420 Extra Pale Ale
Sweetwater's location puts it in our South Bracket, but its heart was hoping it would be seeded out West.
It was incredibly difficult to pass over a cocoa-infused imperial stout with notes of espresso, molasses, toffee and dark fruit, but at 9.75% ABV Foothills' Sexual Chocolate is about as subtle as Randy Watson's vocal stylings. Instead, we ratcheted the alcohol level down a notch and went with the incredibly hoppy Hoppymum IPA at 6.2% ABV. Heavy on the Simcoe hops and boldly bitter, Hoppymum isn't for IPA drinkers seeking half measures. It's as pungent as a double IPA twice its size, but has a nice dry finish that won't leave another one out of the question.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV