Kulicke & Soffa Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ: KLIC) (“K&S” or the “Company”) today announced the formal launch of its new AccuPlus Hub Blades Product Line. The New AccuPlus Blades offer a customizable solution for discrete wafer dicing with improved efficiency and a lower cost of ownership.
As a general trend in the discrete wafer market, wafers have continued to get thinner, while the overall die size remains small. Dicing technologies face the additional challenge of die movement and/or blade loading, which can eventually cause costly die chipping and cracks which adversely impact customers’ efficiency and productivity when handling and processing wafers.
Nelson Wong, Vice President and Business Unit Executive, said, “This is an exciting new launch for us that builds on Kulicke & Soffa’s rich history of delivering R&D advances that help customers improve the semiconductor manufacturing and handling process, while also lowering overall costs whenever possible. Profitability is a focus for all of our customers and helping them avoid costly die chipping and cracks allows them to improve their operational efficiency, reduce expenses and improve the overall end product quality. By optimizing key blade elements such as diamond grit size, diamond concentration, and nickel bond hardness, in conjunction with the newly introduced features, K&S AccuPlus blades deliver superior cut quality, blade life and cost of ownership improvement to the discrete wafer dicing market segment.”
- Customizable solution for thin, small die & backside coated discrete wafers for quality, precision and cost of ownership improvement by delivering superior product quality and value added features
- Shortened pre-cut process for lower cost of ownership
- Two series of special nickel bond hardness
- Multi-levels of diamond concentration
- Special hub material and design enables high spindle frequency with less vibration