- At-a-glance: Of the companies surveyed, the data shows that 22 percent reported a decrease in employee headcount while 24 percent increased staffing. 54 percent of the companies involved in the survey maintained their number of employees.
- Small business sector: Other reports of anecdotal nature are reporting consistent information that shows small business improving their employment numbers, but only slightly and only as demand dictates.
- What-to-watch: Sustained gains will be important for future growth, so look to March and April to demonstrate a trend in the SBEI. Consumer confidence will continue to play a direct role on the road to recovery.
Small Business Employment Slightly Rebounds
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.