Hibbett Sports, Inc. (NASDAQ/GS: HIBB):
- Achieves Ninth Consecutive Quarter of Comparable Store Sales Increase
- Quarter and Fiscal EPS Increases over 34%
- Record Operating Margins Fiscal 2012
Hibbett Sports, Inc. (NASDAQ/GS: HIBB), a sporting goods retailer, today announced results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year ended January 28, 2012.
Net sales for the 13-week period ended January 28, 2012, increased 10.1% to $190.7 million compared with $173.2 million for the 13-week period ended January 29, 2011. Comparable store sales increased 7.2%. Net income for the 13-week period ended January 28, 2012, increased 27.0% to $15.8 million compared with $12.5 million for the 13-week period ended January 29, 2011. Earnings per diluted share increased 34.1% to $0.59 compared with $0.44 for the 13-week period ended January 29, 2011.Net sales for the 52-week fiscal year ended January 28, 2012, increased 10.2% to $732.6 million compared with $665.0 million for the 52-week period ended January 29, 2011. Comparable store sales increased 6.8%. Net income for Fiscal 2012, increased 27.3% to $59.1 million compared with $46.4 million for Fiscal 2011. Earnings per diluted share increased 34.4% to $2.15 compared with $1.60 for the 52-week period ended January 29, 2011. Jeff Rosenthal, President and Chief Executive Officer, stated, “We are pleased with our continued strong performance, sustained margin expansion and exceptional cost management. Fiscal 2012 was another great year of growth, and we are off to a fast start in the first quarter of Fiscal 2013 with an even stronger sales trend. We would like to thank all of our hard working associates for their efforts in helping us deliver these results for our shareholders.” For the quarter, Hibbett opened 21 new stores, expanded 2 high performing stores and closed 4 underperforming stores, bringing the store base to 832 in 26 states as of January 28, 2012. For Fiscal 2012, the Company opened 52 new stores, expanded 15 high performing stores and closed 18 underperforming stores.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV