TastemakerX Releases Social Mobile Game For Music Fans And Influencers
SAN FRANCISCO, March 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- TastemakerX, a social mobile platform focused on developing a targeted taste graph, today announced that its TastemakerX Music App for iPhone and iPod touch is now available on the App Store. The TastemakerX Music App launches with a companion TastemakerX website and will be showcased at the SXSW Interactive and Music Festivals.
From the beginning, pop music fans have always prided themselves on identifying and getting credit for the recognition of emerging talent before an artist breaks out. TastemakerX was built around a marketplace dynamic where users discover artists, trends and like-minded music fans; compete against other tastemakers; and share experiences through geo-tagging, commentary and photo sharing."What music fan doesn't derive joy from uncovering the next big thing and then sharing it with friends," said Marc Ruxin, CEO and co-founder of TastemakerX. "Unlike the broad social platforms or search engines, TastemakerX takes a vertical approach to the surfacing of trends tuned to your individual tastes. It was built as a game, like fantasy sports for culture, with an influence component and a social feed to broadcast passions across your entire social footprint. There is almost nothing more satisfying than turning people on to powerful new music and then sharing this enthusiasm with the artists directly." Key features of the TastemakerX Music App include:
- Build a Portfolio – Use your TastemakerX "notes" to build a public portfolio of the artists you love.
- Trade – Buy the right bands at the right time and get credit for being in front of the trend. Attract new followers to become a top music tastemaker.
- Share – Broadcast your transactions (artists you buy and sell) and include comments, photos and location. Give props and post comments on friends' transactions, and follow the action through the TastemakerX feed. Publish your activity on Twitter and Facebook.
- Discover – Track artists through real-time news and social media chatter. Follow the interests of influential tastemakers that share your music preferences via Charting and the Feed
- Recommendations – Sample music and read bios of the artists that are surfaced both through real time charting and based on the portfolios of like-mind tastemakers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV