Lloyd, though, reiterated Cisco's commitment to its business tablet.
"The Cius tablet is actually a purpose-built, enterprise class mobile device," he said in the interview. "It's a combination of a handset [and] a device that enables collaborative applications, optimized for video, optimized for an app store."
Apple's iPad, although initially aimed at consumers, is proving extremely popular in corporate America.
Speaking during the gadget giant's recent fiscal first-quarter conference call, Apple Chief Financial OfficerPeter Oppenheimer said that nearly all of the companies in major Fortune 500 markets are using the iPad to improve workflows, business processes and consumer interactions. The Apple finance chief explained that estate agent Coldwell Banker is using iPads to access sales presentations and view custom-built apps while showing houses to customers.After a largely lackluster 2011, Cisco shares have climbed almost 9% this year. Shares of Apple, which recently hit a new all-time high, are up almost 34% over the same period. --Written by James Rogers in New York. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jamesjrogers. Related Articles 9 Oil, Gold Stocks That Rise on Bad News
10 Mid-Cap Stocks That Have Almost Doubled in 2012
10 Top Warren Buffett Dividend Stocks
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV