Great Basin Gold Announces C$50 Million Bought Deal Public Offering Of Common Shares
VANCOUVER, March 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Great Basin Gold Ltd. ("Great Basin Gold" or the "Company"), (TSX: GBG) (NYSE Amex: GBG) (JSE: GBG) is pleased to announce that it has entered into an agreement with a syndicate of underwriters pursuant to which the underwriters have agreed to, on a bought deal basis, buy 61,000,000 common shares of the Company at a price of C$0.82 per common share for aggregate gross proceeds of approximately C$50 million (the "Offering"), by way of a short form prospectus. The Company has granted the underwriters an over-allotment option to purchase up to an additional 15% of the Offering, for a period of 30 days following the closing.
Net proceeds from the Offering will be used towards working capital for the development and ramp up of the Burnstone Mine.
The Offering is scheduled to close on or about March 28, 2012 and is subject to certain conditions including, but not limited to, the receipt of all necessary approvals including the approval of the Toronto Stock Exchange.
Under the terms of the agreement, the Company is required to file a preliminary short-form prospectus and obtain a receipt from the securities regulatory authorities in all provinces of Canada, except Quebec, by March 14, 2012. The securities offered have not been and will not be registered under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or an applicable exemption from the registrations requirements of such Act. This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy the securities in any jurisdiction in which such offer, sale or solicitation would be unlawful.No regulatory authority has approved or disapproved the information contained in this news release.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV