7. El Paso
Paulson initiated a new 4 million-share stake in El Paso (EP) in the fourth quarter that comprises 0.8% of the Paulson & Co. portfolio.
El Paso shows up in various Stockpickr pro portfolios, including Carl Icahn's, as the second-largest holding of Icahn Associates, with 72.3 million shares. In addition, Steve Mandel's Lone Pine Capital initiated a 6.6 million-share position, and Daniel Loeb's Third Point holds 5.6 million shares as of the most recently reported quarter.El Paso was included on a list of Energy Stocks Bought and Sold by Hedge Funds. Stock Overview: El Paso operates in the natural gas transmission and exploration and production sectors of the energy industry. It has a market cap of about $22 billion. The stock, which yields 0.1% and has a short interest ratio of 0.9, closed up 32 cents, or 1.1%, at $28.74 on Thursday after hitting a new 52-week high of $28.80 earlier in the day. Analyst Ratings: Of eight analysts covering the stock, three rate it a buy, and five rate it a hold.TheStreet Ratings has a B- buy rating on El Paso with a $36.88 price target. More on El Paso: El Paso was one of the 10 Best-Performing S&P 500 Stocks of 2011. Follow @stockpickr
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV