February Jobs Report Live Blog
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The market needs more conviction in one direction or another. Friday's jobs report may be the answer.
The selloff of the year only lasted one day (Tuesday ). The subsequent rebound on Wednesday and Thursday wasn't too impressive given the low volumes.
Economists are looking for 225,000 in job gains for the month of February. We've been talking about improvement in the jobs market for some months now. So, could all the bullish sentiment already be baked in? Some investors say not only does the headline figure need to hit at least 200,000, the January's gain of 243,000 needs to stay put.Join our jobs blog for a minute by minute discussion of the government's report. -- Written by Chao Deng in New York. >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Chao Deng. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to: @chao_deng >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV