The 10 Richest Colleges in America
Sixth-richest: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Endowment funds last year: $9.7 billion
Change from previous year: 16.8%
Students last fall: 10,894
Undergraduate tuition: $40,460 for tuition only for the 2011-12 academic year
Not surprisingly, MIT's leadership in the field of technology and scientific innovation helps account for the considerable size of its endowment, as many students and faculty projects find lucrative commercial applications. Money flows back into the school's nearly $10 billion endowment, a portion of which goes to the university's annual expenditures -- approximately 75% of which go to instruction and specific research projects. It's a (not) vicious cycle that keeps the school well in the top 10 of the country's richest universities.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV