The 10 Richest Colleges in America
Seventh-richest: University of Michigan
Endowment funds last year: $7.8 billion ($7,834,752,000)
Change from previous year: 19.4%
Students last fall: 42,716 for the main Ann Arbor campus
Undergraduate tuition: $25,204 for tuition, room and board for on-campus residents for the 2011-12 school year.
The University of Michigan, with the largest football stadium in the country (capacity: 109,901), has one of the most dedicated alumni communities in the U.S., and that no doubt has helped its endowment fund make the top 10.
Ann Arbor is considered one of the most affordable and enjoyable college towns in the country, and the constant influx of people for school-related activities has led the university to use some of its funds for nearby parking facilities costing millions of dollars in recent years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV