The 10 Richest Colleges in America
The richest college: Harvard University
Endowment funds last year: $31.7 billion
Change from previous year: 15.1%
Students last fall: 21,000
Undergraduate tuition: $52,652 for tuition, room and board for the 2011-12 school year
Topping the list for the richest university in the U.S. is Harvard, a school used to appearing at the top of most college rankings of distinction. The school's more than $30 billion eclipses the other schools' endowments on this list, so even though the fund saw the least year-on-year growth of any other on the list, it doesn't seem to be in much danger of slipping down in the ranking.
In any case, the recent success of a certain Asian-American Harvard alumnus in the NBA will surely open many alumni wallets for next year.-- Written by Greg Emerson in New York >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Greg Emerson. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to @emersongreg.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV