- During the quarter, ACS continued a focused pricing strategy that maintained clients’ savings on their ancillary spend, but generated incremental revenue of approximately $250,000, which also had a positive impact on contribution margin and cash flow.
- ACS began receiving increased claims volume as a result of an expanded provider agreement with a national anatomic pathology laboratory service provider.
- During the quarter, ACS took steps to manage operations and control costs in preparation for 2012.
- As previously announced, ACS engaged JMG Management Group to consult on the process of transforming ACS’ sales function.
- ACS controlled headcount through natural attrition; headcount at December 31, 2011, was 57 employees compared to 61 employees at December 31, 2010.
- ACS moved from a self-funded health plan to a fully insured plan, which will reduce ACS’ associated benefit costs for 2012.
- The company amended its office lease to eliminate unutilized space, which will result in approximately $48,000 of savings in 2012.
- ACS preserved existing cash and cash equivalents, which were $11.3 million at December 31, 2011.
- Continuing from the third quarter of 2011, the company spent a total of $85,000 on external consulting costs to review and analyze various short and long-term strategic initiatives relating to the company’s mix of services, development of new services and programs, and sales and marketing efforts.
American CareSource Announces Fourth Quarter And Year-End Financial Results For 2011
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.