National Financial Partners CEO Presents At Citi Financial Services Conference (Transcript)
We do look at that area closely and think about long term risks. And one of the things we really focus on in that business is making sure that we are diversifying the business that we do with our corporate clients. And most of our business is middle market, and so they really do look to us to provide a multitude of services. That’s where you’ll see 401(k), group life, group disability. And in 2011, we did a large acquisition of a P&C firm to help us diversify there as well. And where about 9% of that business is executive benefits, which is deferred compensation, disability, and the like.
The Individual Client Group actually has three kind of interesting components to it. 50% of the revenue, that’s about 34%, 35% of our business and I’ll show you in a little while that really has changed dramatically over the life of NFP. That was the core of the business. And as Keith said, that has really been a big transition for us.
50% of the revenue in there is what we would call wholesale life brokerage where agents come to us and basically execute their life insurance business. That’s – 32% of that category is retail where our agents are dealing directly with the high net worth clients. And the remainder, the 17%, the 18% is in our wealth management business, work we’re fee-based advisors. And that business has grown very successfully for us. But the most stressed part of that category and frankly of the company has been the significant clients in very high end life insurance sales.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV