The square-jawed, squint-eyed actor has worn many hats throughout his career as a cowboy, police officer, astronaut and war hero. You can add dairy farmer to the mix.
Well, you won't exactly see Dirty Harry milking cows at the crack of dawn. But Eastwood did buy the 22-acre Mission Ranch Resort in Carmel, Calif. The dairy farm and sheep ranch, more than a century old, was bought by the iconic figure in 1986 with a stated goal of preserving and restoring the property, which had fallen on hard times. An inn at the site -- which includes 31 hotel rooms and an acclaimed restaurant with a view of grazing sheep -- is one of Carmel's top tourist attractions.
Eastwood also owns the Tehama Golf Club in Carmel (a city for which he once served as mayor). He is also an investor in California's Pebble Beach Golf Links, one of the world's most acclaimed courses.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV