BOSTON (MainStreet) -- Not content with just being big stars, some celebrities feel the need to be big in business.
From baby products to booze, a growing number of celebrities are cashing in their cachet to become captains of industry.
It really shouldn't come as a surprise to see famous faces financing companies or brainstorming business opportunities. The mix of wealth, drive, a supportive entourage and plenty of downtime between projects and while on set provides a perfect petri dish for entrepreneurism.Mark Wahlburg is opening Wahlburger restaurants. Will Ferrell started the comedy Web site Funny or Die. Portlandia mayor Kyle "Agent Cooper" MacLachlan owns a winery, as do the Smothers brothers and famed director Francis Ford Coppola. We took a look at 10 celebrities who are taking a stab at being job creators.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV