The Dallas-based chipmaker lowered its first-quarter earnings outlook to 15 cents to 19 cents per share on a revenue range of $2.99 billion to $3.11 billion. It had previously seen earnings of 16 cents to 24 cents per share on a revenue range of $3.02 billion to $3.28 billion.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expect Texas Instruments to report first-quarter results of 31 cents per share on revenue of $3.16 billion.
Shares were dropping in after-hours trading, down 1.9% to $31.98, according to Nasdaq.com.Interested in more on Texas Instruments? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/commodity_bull. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV