MILWAUKEE, March 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Consumers shopping for a new lawnmower this year will find a new engine packed with "easy" features mounted to the decks of their favorite mower brands. The new E-Series™ push mower engine will join Briggs & Stratton Corporation's (NYSE: BGG) product line-up this spring. The E-Series engine will be available on lawnmowers sold at Lowe's, Sears, The Home Depot, Walmart and other retailers of outdoor power equipment.
Seven in ten consumers who bought a lawnmower in 2010 felt that it is 'extremely important' to have a lawnmower that's easy to start according to PowerPulse™, an annual consumer survey on outdoor power equipment. Over half of consumers surveyed also wanted a lawnmower that is easy to maintain and maneuver. Briggs & Stratton® E-Series™ engines deliver on all the "easy" features consumers want, making it easier than ever for homeowners to have a great looking lawn. From easy one-step starting to improved performance and reduced emissions, the E-Series engines deliver a distinctly enhanced lawn mowing experience.
"The E-Series represents an evolution in push mower engines, offering homeowners distinct quality and features even on the most basic engine in the series," says JP Benjamins, product marketing manager for Briggs & Stratton. "Everything about these engines is aimed at making the mowing experience easier and better for consumers."
The new 550e and 550ex Series™ engines offer these Easy features including:
- Easy starting – An easier to pull rope helps you start the engine on the first or second pull.
- Easy to maneuver – A best in class torque-to-weight ratio means the engine has the power to cut your grass well while being light, making it easier to push your lawnmower.
- Easy to maintain – Using a Briggs & Stratton tune-up kit, this engine requires less than 30 minutes of easy-to-do maintenance per year.
- Easy on your hands and ears – Reduced vibration levels and an improved sound level delivered by the Super Lo-Tone™ muffler enhances your mowing experience.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV