OVERLAND PARK, Kan., March 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- YRC Worldwide Inc. (NASDAQ: YRCW) today announced the company has agreed to sell its interest in Shanghai Jiayu Logistics Co., Ltd. to its 35-percent joint venture partner.
"This is another important step in the continuing process to sharpen our focus on North American less-than-truckload (LTL) shipping. Our emphasis on core LTL services has resulted in significant increases in on-time service and our customers are responding very favorably," said James Welch, chief executive officer of YRC Worldwide. "This transaction allows us to further simplify our portfolio and streamline our operations as we concentrate on regaining the North American LTL market leader position."
The completion of the transaction is subject to Chinese regulatory approval and expected to close in the second quarter of 2012. The terms of the deal were not disclosed.About YRC Worldwide YRC Worldwide Inc., a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Overland Park, Kan., is the holding company for a portfolio of successful brands including YRC Freight, YRC Reimer, Holland, Reddaway, and New Penn , and provides China-based services through its JHJ joint venture. YRC Worldwide has one of the largest, most comprehensive less-than-truckload (LTL) networks in North America with local, regional, national and international capabilities. Through its team of experienced service professionals, YRC Worldwide offers industry-leading expertise in heavyweight shipments and flexible supply chain solutions, ensuring customers can ship industrial, commercial and retail goods with confidence. Please visit www.yrcw.com for more information.
Web site: www.yrcw.com Follow YRC Worldwide on Twitter: http://twitter.com/yrcworldwide Media Contact: Suzanne DawsonLinden, Alschuler & Kaplan212-329-1420 firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV