NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of several retail stocks hit 52-week highs as a rebounding economy and job market coincided with improving earnings.
The following retail stocks hit 52-week highs on Thursday: TJX (TJX), Lululemon (LULU), Macy's (M), Dillards (DDS), Under Armour (UA), Express (EXPR), Target (TGT), Hot Topic (HOTT), Foot Locker (FL).
ITG analyst Linda Tsai said she thinks retailers such as the ones that hit a 52-week high Thursday have been working on cutting costs, which is catching the attention of investors. She noted that for some retailers, the cost of goods in the second half of 2012 will be lower than it was the previous year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV