NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of several retail stocks hit 52-week highs as a rebounding economy and job market coincided with improving earnings.
The following retail stocks hit 52-week highs on Thursday: TJX (TJX), Lululemon (LULU), Macy's (M), Dillards (DDS), Under Armour (UA), Express (EXPR), Target (TGT), Hot Topic (HOTT), Foot Locker (FL).
ITG analyst Linda Tsai said she thinks retailers such as the ones that hit a 52-week high Thursday have been working on cutting costs, which is catching the attention of investors. She noted that for some retailers, the cost of goods in the second half of 2012 will be lower than it was the previous year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV