OVERLAND PARK, Kan., March 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Verizon Foundation is donating $50,000 to the American Red Cross to assist residents of Kansas and others in the Midwest struck by the tornadoes that devastated families and businesses. The contribution is intended to provide immediate help to people who are dealing with the aftermath of clean-up efforts as officials continue to make damage assessments across the nation.
"When a disaster of this magnitude hits a community, the need for reliable communications is more important than ever," said Brendan Fallis, president –Kansas/Missouri Region, Verizon Wireless.
"We have committed our resources to efforts taking place in areas most affected by the recent tornadoes and will continue to provide the most reliable communications network in the nation to local individuals and businesses as they begin the process of rebuilding."
Verizon Wireless has also implemented a nationwide mobile giving program for customers looking for a simple way to contribute to relief and recovery efforts following the devastation in the Midwest and Southeast.Customers can use their mobile phones to make $10 donations to a variety of nonprofit organizations responding to the tornado and the needs of local citizens in the aftermath, including American Red Cross Relief and The Salvation Army. Customers simply text the specific word to the organization's designated short code:
- American Red Cross Relief – Text "REDCROSS" to 90999
- The Salvation Army – Text "STORM" to 80888
- World Vision, Inc. – Text "WV" to 20222
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV