@BioRunner59 asks, "Will you apologize when perifosine works?"
Yes, absolutely. I understand what's at stake. Part of the responsibility of my job is to hold myself accountable for the predictions and analysis I provide. If I get something wrong, I own it. No one is right 100% of the time. Getting stuff wrong is part of this game, but it's important to acknowledge errors and learn from them.
BioRunner tweeted his question to me because he thinks my prediction of failure for Keryx Biopharmaceuticals' (KERX) phase III study of perifosine in colon cancer is going to be one of those calls I get wrong. I disagree, but we'll see what happens when the results are released, hopefully next month. Right or wrong, you'll hear from me.
Now, for our hate-mail segment, also related to Keryx and perifosine partner, Aeterna Zentaris (AEZS). Bbrewski writes, "You are just Wall Street Scum and when Peri
MontyM asks, " Discovery Labs (DSCO), what happened?" The good news: On the fifth attempt spanning eight years, Discovery was finally able to secure FDA approval for Surfaxin as a new treatment for respiratory distress syndrome in premature infants. The bad news: Discovery is almost broke and needs to raise money to start selling Surfaxin later this year. Investors knew about Discovery's weak financial position before Surfaxin was approved, setting up the stock for a quick but short-lived pop on approval. After that, a sell off was inevitable as investors/traders either a) took quick profits, or b) took quick profits and tried to find shares to short. Investors don't
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV