LEUVEN, Belgium, March 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
ThromboGenics NV (Euronext Brussels: THR), a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing innovative ophthalmic medicines, today issued a business update and its financial results for the full year ending December 31, 2011.
Over the past 12 months, ThromboGenics has built its capabilities in anticipation of the launch of its lead product, ocriplasmin. It has filed a regulatory submission in Europe for ocriplasmin for symptomatic vitreomacular adhesion (VMA) including macular hole and plans to resubmit the Biologics License Application (BLA) filing for ocriplasmin in the U.S. in April 2012 for the same indication. The US Food and Drug Administration has advised that it will give Priority Review to the BLA filing.
During 2012, ThromboGenics is confident of delivering a number of further significant milestones as it remains on track to achieve its goal of becoming a successful and profitable biopharmaceutical company developing and commercializing innovative ophthalmic medicines.2011 Highlights (including post-period events): Ocriplasmin
- European Medicines Agency (EMA) accepts for review the Marketing Authorisation Application (MAA) for ocriplasmin for the treatment of symptomatic vitreomacular adhesion (VMA) including macular hole.
- ThromboGenics submitted the BLA for ocriplasmin with the FDA in December 2011. Following discussions with the FDA, ThromboGenics will resubmit the BLA in April 2012 in order to meet the Agency's timelines for Priority Review.
- Continued expansion of the commercial organization ahead of the anticipated launch of ocriplasmin.
- Presentation of ocriplasmin clinical trial data by leading retina specialists at major international ophthalmology congresses.
- ThromboGenics initiates Phase IIb trial with TB-402 (anti-factor VIII), its novel long-acting anticoagulant, for the prophylaxis of venous thromboembolism (VTE) after total hip replacement.
- Partner Roche starts Phase Ib/II trial with TB-403, a novel anticancer (anti-PIGF), in combination with Avastin for glioblastoma multiforme (brain tumor).
- Recruitment of two Chief Scientific Officers to develop the Company's preclinical ophthalmology and cancer pipelines.
- €80.4 million in cash and cash investments as of 31 December 2011, compared with €109.2 million at the end of December 2010.
- € 2.5 million in total revenue in 2011, compared with €6.2 million in 2010.
- Net loss of €21.6 million in 2011, compared with €13.9 million in 2010, equivalent to diluted loss per share of €0.67 (€0.47 in 2010).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV