SAN DIEGO, March 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the leading analytic data solutions company, announced the immediate availability of the Teradata Active Enterprise Data Warehouse Platform 6690 (Teradata Active EDW), which offers the newest generation of hybrid storage that further enhances the data warehouse's capability to help companies make the best decisions possible.
Please follow this link to view the full social media news release on Teradata.com http://www.teradata.com/News-Releases/2012/New-Teradata-Platform-Reshapes-Business-Intelligence-Industry/Teradata is the first vendor to provide customers with the optimized use of solid state drives (SSD) and hard disk drives (HDD), which is enabled by Teradata Virtual Storage™, its intelligent storage management software. The new hybrid storage-based platform meets a much broader range of customer analytic needs with expanded flexibility in the configuration and balance of SSD and HDD. The Teradata Active EDW supports robust strategic intelligence for long-range planning and reporting, and real-time operational intelligence for "front-line" employees. "Businesses now demand real-time analytic solutions that provide the right answers at the right time – it's all about speed," said Scott Gnau, president, Teradata Labs, Teradata. "The Teradata Active EDW leverages multiple tiers of storage technology including main memory and both high-speed and high-capacity storage drives to achieve optimum data warehouse performance. It is clear that Teradata customers understand the value of this hybrid storage, based on an unprecedented rate of adoption by leading companies across many industries." Customers in many different industries benefit from hybrid storage.
- A manufacturer of high-value products is using a Teradata Active EDW hybrid storage-based platform to quickly process data from a multitude of sensors located at multiple sites, on their production lines. They are able to significantly increase manufacturing yield with the high-velocity collection and analysis of real- time sensor data from fabrication machinery to make instant adjustments. These quick responses optimize the overall production flow in an environment where every one percent of yield improvement can mean millions of dollars in savings.
- A large wireless phone service provider wants to increase the velocity of intelligence about customers to support service agents' decisions. With this information, agents can reduce churn, lower costs, and increase revenue. Its hybrid storage- based Teradata Active EDW enables all of these benefits by analyzing the current hot data from customer interactions along with the cold data from the long-term customer history.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV