The Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) is trading up 52 points (+0.4%) at 12,889 as of Thursday, Mar 8, 2012, 9:40 a.m. ET. During this time, 34.9 million shares of the 30 Dow components have changed hands vs. an average daily trading volume of 818.6 million. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 2,302 issues advancing vs. 310 declining with 99 unchanged. The Dow component leading the way higher looks to be United Technologies (NYSE:UTX), which is sporting a $1.37 gain (+1.7%) bringing the stock to $83.94. This single gain is lifting the Dow Jones Industrial Average by 10.37 points or roughly accounting for 19.9% of the Dow's overall gain. Volume for United Technologies currently sits at 124,534 shares traded vs. an average daily trading volume of 4.4 million shares. United Technologies has a market cap of $70.48 billion and is part of the conglomerates sector and conglomerates industry. Shares are up 13% year to date as of Wednesday's close. The stock's dividend yield sits at 2.4%. United Technologies Corporation provides technology products and services to the building systems and aerospace industries worldwide. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.8, above the average conglomerates industry P/E ratio of 14.6 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. TheStreet Ratings rates United Technologies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, increase in stock price during the past year and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full United Ratings Report.
- You can view the full McDonald's Ratings Report.
Latest Headlines about ^DJI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV