BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Investors can breathe a collective sign of relief this morning -- for now.
Buyers are coming back into the market on Thursday, as Greece's biggest step toward restructuring relaxes some of the biggest worries about stocks. The Greek debt swap has already been agreed to by the majority of the country's lenders, a critical factor in making yesterday's bounce stick in the S&P 500 and the Dow.
While it's "Data Thursday" today, Wall Street is expecting fairly limited economic numbers today. That's why the good news from Greece is so timely. That being said, jobs, Fed balance sheet and money supply data, and treasury auctions are all still going to be market-moving events for stocks today; if numbers can manage to come in above expectations, they could add some fuel for this late-week rebound.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV