NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The following stocks go ex-dividend Monday, meaning an investor must purchase the shares Friday to qualify for the next dividend payment: News Corp. (NWS), Public Storage (PSA), Ameren (AEE), Broadridge Financial Solutions (BR) and SPX (SPW).
Each of the stocks received a buy rating at TheStreet Ratings.
James Murdoch, son of News Corp. Chairman and CEO Rupert Murdoch, resigned from his role as executive chairman of the company's U.K. publishing division on Feb. 29."With Publishing, we view NWSA as undervalued by ~26%; WITHOUT Publishing, we view NWSA as undervalued by 34% to 71%," Wells Fargo analysts wrote in a March 1 report. "We stripped Publishing out of our model to create a "NEW" NWSA, which led to significantly higher growth metrics. As a result, we see plenty of upside (8-45% ON TOP of our current val range) should NWSA choose to exit this business." Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 0.9% Rated "A+ (Buy)" by TheStreet Ratings: The company's second-quarter gross profit margin was about the same as it was last year. News Corp. has strong liquidity. Its Quick Ratio is 1.76, which shows the company can meet its short-term cash needs. In the second quarter, stockholders' net worth remained relatively unchanged. TheStreet Ratings' price target is $24.15. The stock closed Thursday at $19.95 and has risen 9.74% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV