At Ease With the Fabulously Wealthy: Ask Noah
The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Q: Working at a small hedge fund requires I spend a lot of time around people who are wealthier than me . . . some of these men want to socialize with me cause presumably they enjoy my company . . . this is good for business. The problem is I always get nervous around them and have trouble acting normal. Any advice you can give me on just being myself, and worrying less about how I stack up against others?
A: Confidence is crucial. Your admiration for wealthy people is overwhelming you and eliminating access to your own strengths.
If you're constantly fighting for "air time" or space in discussions relating to personal net worth, you will never "stack-up," or feel confident in any conversation with these people.
|In the end, they are just guys.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV