- Mill systems required for initial production are 97% complete.
- Open pit mining rates during February averaged 21,300 tonnes per day of ore and waste, targeting 35,000 tonnes per day by the end of the second quarter.
- Approximately 380,000 ore tonnes (over two months mill feed) have already been stockpiled by the beginning of March. This tonnage represents approximately 5% of the reserves in the open pit and blastholes have thus far reconciled positively to the reserve model.
- Mechanical and electrical / instrumentation construction teams are continuing commissioning activities on process equipment required for initial production.
- Wet commissioning is underway with ore expected to be introduced once the wet commissioning phase has been successfully completed.
- All operating and maintenance personnel are in place to assist with commissioning and handover of the various process systems as they become available.
- Mill power has been successfully changed over from temporary to grid power.
- In excess of 500,000 cubic meters of water is currently being stored in the tailings facility and the historic Young- Davidson pit. This initial process-water inventory is per design requirements for mill startup.
- Underground development continues to focus on ramp and shaft access to the mid-shaft ore and waste handling systems. Current vertical access is 815 meters below surface, at the level access for the crusher station.
- On March 5, 2012 the Company announced significant increases to the Young Davidson Reserves and Resources:
- Proven and Probable reserves increased by 36%, or 1.01 million gold ounces, to 3.83 million ounces
- Measured and Indicated Resources increased by 74%, or 407 thousand gold ounces, to 956 thousand ounces
- Inferred Resources increased by 103%, or 727 thousand gold ounces, to 1.43 million ounces
AuRico Gold Provides Monthly Update On Young-Davidson
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.