The stock has been on a tear since its fourth-quarter earnings announcement on Feb. 28. The company reported fourth-quarter net income of $30.9 million, or 52 cents a share, up from year-ago earnings of $24.2 million, or 40 cent. The stock hit a 52-week high of $36.17 on the same day it reported earnings.
Shares hit another 52-week high on Wednesday of $39.92. The stock's 52-week low of $16.88 was set on March 15.
Jim Cramer said Domino's is a buy at about $35.Domino's Pizza has an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 17.43 times; the average or restaurant and bar companies is 19.26. For comparison, Papa John's International (PZZA) has a lower forward P/E of 13.6; Buffalo Wild Wings' (BWLD) forward P/E is 22.17. Twelve of the 16 analysts who cover Domino's Pizza rated it a hold; four analysts gave the stock a buy rating. TheStreet Ratings gives Domino's Pizza a B grade and a $50.58 price target. The stock closed Wednesday at $39.48 and has risen 16.29% year to date. -- Written by Alexandra Zendrian
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV