DEARBORN, Mich., March 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ford is joining together with NBC and Telemundo's mun2 network to launch "Escape Routes," a prime-time TV show featuring the all-new Ford Escape that debuts March 31
- Ford was the first automaker to reveal vehicles via social media (Fiesta and Explorer) and social gaming (Escape), and is preparing for another first by launching the Escape using a prime-time reality TV show
- "Escape Routes" combines the social vibrancy of the Fiesta Movement with original programming on prime-time television and features six teams competing in a unique road-trip competition
Ford is teaming up with NBC and an eight-time Emmy Award-winning reality producer to create "Escape Routes," a prime-time reality TV show that will air on Saturday nights on NBC and mun2 beginning March 31.
"Escape Routes" is a new interactive reality series that will feature a cast of six teams of two participating in a unique road-trip competition with real-world challenges featuring the all-new Ford Escape.
"This is the first time an automaker has used prime-time television to launch a new vehicle and it is a great showcase for the all-new Escape," said Jim Farley, Ford group vice president for Global Marketing, Sales and Service. "'Escape Routes' builds on the success of Ford's previous social engagement programs and takes it to the next level with TV. This is another example of the innovative ways Ford is reaching consumers."The show will air for six consecutive episodes and is hosted by reality TV show personality Rossi Morreale who has hosted a variety of network and cable TV programs. The show airs Saturday evenings at 8 pm/ET on NBC and will also air on mun2, the leading bicultural cable network for young Latino Americans, Saturday nights at 11 pm/ET. This is the first time Ford will air a series using both a general market broadcast and bilingual cable network. Each episode will also air on nbc.com and mun2.tv the day after the broadcast. "At NBC, we continue to look for breakthrough ways to work with our partners and the 'Escape Routes' program was a unique opportunity that we hadn't seen before," said James Hoffman, executive vice president, Sales and Marketing, NBC. "We're excited about the show and think the concept of 'Escape Routes' and its unique use of social media will add a compelling element to Saturday nights." "Escape Routes" will be produced by eight-time Emmy Award-winning producer Elise Doganieri in addition to David Leener from the Profiles Television team. "We are excited to be partnering with Ford on this groundbreaking series," said Doganieri. "There are two key elements to this series: first, the interactive element, which is designed to engage viewers throughout the show and encourage them to participate in the challenges; and second, the real-time twist where consumers have the ability to follow their favorite team in the digital space. We've enjoyed collaborating with Ford on this project and feel the end result has the potential to be a real game-changer in the reality world."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV