The company has yet to determine how many additional shares it plans to issue or at what price but by increasing the amount of outstanding stock, the holdings of existing shareholders will be correspondingly diluted.
In a regulatory filing, Amylin said it plans to use the proceeds of the offering for the "commercialization of BYDUREON, as well as for general corporate purposes which may include research and development expenses, capital expenditures, working capital and general administrative expenses."
The stock was last quoted at $15.41, down 4.7%, on volume of 232,000, according to Nasdaq.com. Based on Wednesday's regular-session close at $16.17, Amylin shares have soared 40% since the start of 2012, hitting a 52-week high of $18.45 on Feb. 17.The company received approval of Bydureon, a weekly treatment for type 2 diabetes, on Jan. 27, and the drug became available by prescription in the United States on Feb. 13. Check out TheStreet's quote page for Amylin for year-to-date share performance, analyst ratings, earnings estimates and much more.
AIGShares of insurance giant American International Group (AIG) ticked lower in extended trades following news that the U.S. Treasury is selling $6 billion worth of its bailout-related holdings in the company. The stock was last quoted at $29, down 1.5%, on volume of more than 3.4 million, according to Nasdaq.com. AIG itself is expected to purchase up to $3 billion worth of the stock being sold by the Treasury, which will still have nearly $42 billion sunk into the company following its 2008 bailout. AIG shares are up more than 25% year-to-date. Check out TheStreet's quote page for AIG for year-to-date share performance, analyst ratings, earnings estimates and much more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV