On March 12, 2012, the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and Ameresco, Inc. (NYSE:AMRC), a leading energy efficiency and renewable energy company, will hold a ceremonial Ribbon Cutting to mark the successful operational startup of the DOE’s new Biomass Cogeneration Facility in Aiken, South Carolina at the Savannah River Site (SRS). Monday’s 1:00 PM event will culminate a 30-month investment of over 600,000 labor hours to safely construct the new 34-acre renewable energy facility at SRS, under the single largest renewable Energy Savings Performance Contract (ESPC) in the Nation’s history.
U.S. Representative Joe Wilson (R-SC); Tom D’Agostino, Under Secretary for Nuclear Security & Administrator, National Nuclear Security Administration; David Huizenga, Senior Advisor for Environmental Management; Dave Moody, Manager, DOE-Savannah River; and George Sakellaris, Ameresco President and Chief Executive Officer, will participate in the ceremony.
The new high-tech Biomass Cogeneration Facility is the recent recipient of the 2012 Excellence in Renewable Energy Award for the Biomass Project of the Year as recognized by the Renewable Energy World Network of Editors. This award-winning plant replaces a deteriorating, inefficient coal powerhouse and the oil-fired boilers at SRS, and has the capacity to combust 385,000 tons of forest residue annually into 20-megawatts of clean power.
Media are encouraged to attend the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony and should contact Janet Griffin (via secure registration lines) at (803) 952-8467 or firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business, Thursday, March 8, with the following information for Site badging: full name; news organization; home address; social security number; and confirmation of U.S. citizenship.Date: Monday, March 12
- Please arrive at the SRS Visitor Control Center (Bldg. 703-46A) by 11:30 AM for badging and transportation to the Biomass Facility.
- Bring two forms of acceptable identification, one of which must be a state-issued identification bearing a photograph (such as a driver’s license) or a U.S. passport. A list of other acceptable forms of identification, along with a directional map, is attached.
- The event is expected to conclude at 2:00 PM.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV