This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration. Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here
March 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Matador Resources Company (NYSE: MTDR) ("Matador" or the "Company") today announced its capital budget and operating plans for 2012 as well as its initial guidance for selected 2012 operating metrics.
Capital Spending and Operating Plans
As set forth in its initial public offering prospectus dated
February 1, 2012, Matador's 2012 capital budget is estimated to be approximately
$313 million. The Company plans to direct approximately 94% or
$295 million of its 2012 capital budget to opportunities prospective for oil and liquids opportunities, including the allocation of approximately 84% or
$264 million specifically to the exploration, development and acquisition of additional interests in the Eagle Ford shale play in South Texas. Matador is running two rigs in
South Texas currently and expects to run two rigs in that area throughout 2012. The Company plans to allocate the remaining 6% or approximately
$18 million of its 2012 budget to natural gas related activities, primarily in the
Haynesville shale in North Louisiana. The Company does not plan to drill any operated
Haynesville wells in 2012.
The Company estimates that its 2012 total oil production will be between 1.4 and 1.5 million barrels as compared to total oil production of approximately 154,000 barrels in 2011 and approximately 33,000 barrels in 2010. Daily oil production at the end of 2012 is anticipated to be between 5,000 and 5,500 barrels per day of oil. Total natural gas production for 2012 is expected to decline to between 12.5 and 13.5 billion cubic feet as compared to approximately 14.5 billion cubic feet in 2011. Matador anticipates that some of the decline in the Company's
Haynesville dry gas production will be offset by natural gas production associated with its Eagle Ford drilling activities which should enjoy higher effective pricing as compared to the
Haynesville dry gas production due to its natural gas liquids ("NGL") content.
Metrics and Range
2012 Estimated Total Oil Production – 1.4 to 1.5 million barrels
2012 Estimated Exit Rate for Oil Production – 5,000 to 5,500 barrels per day
2012 Estimated Total Natural Gas Production – 12.5 to 13.5 billion cubic feet
The Company recently completed its initial public offering pursuant to which the Company received net proceeds of approximately
$133.6 million, including the exercise of the underwriters' over-allotment option. The Company used net proceeds to repay the
$123.0 million outstanding under its revolving credit facility in full. On
February 28, 2012, the Company's borrowing base under its
$400 million senior secured revolving credit facility was increased from
$100 million to
$125 million, and the Company currently has the entire
$125 million in borrowing capacity available under the facility. Matador plans to fund its 2012 capital budget with the remaining net proceeds, anticipated cash flows from operations and available borrowings under its credit facility. During 2012, the Company intends to seek redeterminations of its borrowing base as a result of any increases in its oil and natural gas reserves during the year.
Matador has hedged 1.18 million barrels of its anticipated 2012 oil production using costless collars having a weighted average floor price of
$90.51/bbl and a weighted average ceiling price of
Matador has hedged 7.2 Bcf of its anticipated 2012 natural gas production using costless collars having a weighted average price floor of
$4.44/MMBtu and a weighted average ceiling price of
Mr. Joseph Wm. Foran, Matador's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, noted "Following the successful completion of Matador's initial public offering, we expect another year of strong growth fueled by our ongoing drilling activities in the Eagle Ford shale play in South Texas. We will continue to execute upon our strategy to increase the oil component of our production and reserves and anticipate oil production to constitute approximately 35% to 40% of our total production volume and oil revenues to constitute approximately 75% to 80% of our total oil and natural gas revenues in 2012."