Compania Siderugica Nacional
Compania Siderugica Nacional (SID), Brazil's largest steel maker, has been growing in tandem with a booming construction market.
Sales rose from $3.6 billion in 2005 to around $9.5 billion in 2011. The company is vertically integrated as it mines its own iron ore that goes into steel production. That's helped this company keep operating margins above 30% for six straight years, a rare feat among global steel makers. Robust profits have been used to support a hefty dividend that currently yields 6.3%.
Steel, of course, is a global business: SID has operations in Europe as well, and the company must navigate the peaks and valleys of global steel prices. Still, much of Latin America in undergoing a massive construction boom, and this steel-maker stands to benefit more than such firms as U.S. Steel (X) and Arcelor Mittal (MT).SID also shows up on a list of 10 Latin American Stocks Soaring Up to 30% in 2012.BRF-Brasil Foods Imagine poultry processor Tyson Foods (TSN), prepared foods conglomerate Kraft Foods (KFT) and dairy producer Dean Foods (DF) all rolled into one. That's what you'd get in BRF-Brasil Foods (BRFS), a $16 billion (in sales) company that provides a wide range of groceries to Brazil and export markets. Japan is the country's biggest export market, and BRF-Brasil also has a major presence in the Middle East. These two markets account for half of its foreign sales. The domestic side of the business should also hold great appeal. For example, the Brazilian minimum wage was hiked by 14% in early 2012, which expands the funds available to buy groceries. Rising incomes elsewhere in South America should also help boost sales. BRF-Brasil shows up on a list of 10 BRIC Stocks for 2012. Follow @stockpickr
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV