NEW YORK (Stockpickr) -- As is the case with many emerging markets, Brazil has surged ahead in the early part of 2012. But you haven't missed the boat. The Bovespa, Brazil's main stock market index, remains roughly 15% below levels seen in the summer of 2008, even as Brazil's economy is even larger than it was back then.
This is an economy poised for continued strong growth.
According to the IMF, the Brazilian economy should grow 3% in 2012 and 4% in 2012. With the exception of China and India, that's the fastest projected growth rate of any of the world's top 15 economies. (Brazil is No. 7, just ahead of the U.K. and just behind Russia).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV