Dell solutions provide the Red Cross with innovative ways to help Americans impacted by disaster
Dell provided the Red Cross with the unique consulting expertise, technology solutions and funding to architect and build the new Digital Operations Center and design the Digital Volunteer Program. Dell’s involvement is part of the company’s larger commitment to the Red Cross, which it has expanded to include additional general funding, technology and employee engagement to support innovative disaster relief programs.
As a member of the Red Cross Annual Disaster Giving Program, Dell helps the Red Cross assist victims of disaster and support volunteers who work at disaster scenes. Members of the Annual Disaster Giving Program pledge donations in advance of major disasters to help the Red Cross ensure an immediate response to meet the needs of those affected by disasters.
Public and private sectors collaborating on crisis-response in social mediaThe Red Cross has been engaged in a multi-year effort to improve the use of social data in emergencies, working closely with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), the White House and other public and private sector organizations. After hosting an Emergency Social Data Summit in 2010, these organizations have continued to collaborate and identify solutions focused on people, process and technology. A white paper released after the Summit identified a number of necessary steps, and stressed the importance of having a network of engaged volunteers to implement new monitoring and response methods. Related Links:
- Livestream and virtual press kit: http://dell.to/yMHdGA
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/redcross
- Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/americanredcross/
- Dell.com: http://content.dell.com/us/en/corp/d/campaigns/red-cross-disaster-operations.aspx
- American Red Cross Press Release, “ Web Users Increasingly Rely on Social Media to Seek Help in a Disaster,” August 9, 2010
- American Red Cross Press Release, “ More Americans Using Social Media and Technology in Emergencies,” August 24, 2011
- Direct2Dell Blog Post, “ Dell’s Next Step: the Social Media Listening Command Center,” December 8, 2010
- Blog: the Red Cross’s Emergency Social Data Summit (August 2010)
- White Paper: “ The Case for Integrating Crisis Response With Social Media”
- White Paper: “ The Path Forward”
- Bylined Article: By Wendy Harman, Social Media Director for the American Red Cross, “ Preparing for the Next Disaster: The Future of #crisisdata”
- Clemson University and Dell Launch Command Center
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV