Dick's Sporting Goods
The athletic goods retailer posted fourth-quarter earnings on Tuesday of $111.1 million, or 88 cents a share, up from year-ago earnings of $87.5 million, or 71 cents. Analysts were expecting earnings of 88 cents a share.
Shares of Dick's Sporting Goods hit a 52-week high Wednesday of $47.70. The stock's 52-week low of $29.10 was set on Aug. 9.Dick's Sporting Goods has an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 16.99 times; the average for specialty retailers is 16.88. For comparison, Big 5 Sporting Goods (BGFV) has a lower forward P/E of 9.54; Hibbett Sports' (HIBB) forward P/E is 20.81. Sixteen of the 24 analysts who cover Dick's Sporting Goods rated it buy; eight analysts gave the stock a hold rating. TheStreet Ratings' gives Dick's Sporting Goods a B+ grade with a buy rating and a $54.03 price target. The stock has risen 28.17% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV