CHICAGO, March 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Grainger (NYSE: GWW), today announced that Sean O'Brien, President, Acklands-Grainger Inc., Grainger's Canadian subsidiary, will resign from the company effective March 23, 2012. O'Brien joined Acklands-Grainger as Vice President, Sales, in November 2007, taking on additional responsibilities for E-Business and Marketing in early 2009. He was named President in September, 2009.
Mike Pulick, President, Grainger International, will serve as interim president of Acklands-Grainger. Mike has held leadership positions with Grainger for more than 12 years, including leading Grainger's U.S. business from 2008-2011. He assumed leadership of Grainger's international businesses on January 1, 2012.
"We respect Sean's decision to pursue opportunities outside the company and wish him well in his future endeavors," said Mike Pulick. "Acklands-Grainger is performing very well and has a strong leadership team and strong talent throughout the organization. I'm confident the business will continue its successful growth strategy, providing the products and services businesses need to enhance productivity and help keep employees safe on the job."
Acklands-Grainger Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Grainger, is Canada's largest distributor of industrial, safety, and fastener products with 2011 sales of $993 million ( C$982 million), 172 branches, 6 distribution centers, and 2,600 team members.W.W. Grainger, Inc., with 2011 sales of $8.1 billion, is North America's leading broad line supplier of maintenance, repair and operating products, with expanding global operations. For more information about the company, visit www.grainger.com/investor. SOURCE W.W. Grainger, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV