The Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) is trading up 19 points (+0.1%) at 12,778 as of Wednesday, Mar 7, 2012, 10:35 a.m. ET. During this time, 157.7 million shares of the 30 Dow components have changed hands vs. an average daily trading volume of 818.6 million. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 1,891 issues advancing vs. 933 declining with 115 unchanged. Thursday, March 8, 2012 is the ex-dividend date for Dow component Wal-Mart Stores (NYSE:WMT). Owners of shares as of market close today will be eligible for a dividend of 40 cents per share. At a price of $59.50 as of 10:35 a.m. ET, the dividend yield is 2.7% compared to the average Dow component yield of 2.7%. services sector and retail industry. Shares are down 0.6% year to date as of Tuesday's close. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. operates retail stores in various formats worldwide. The company's Walmart U.S. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.1, equal to the average retail industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- Practice your dividend trading strategies and win cash in our stock game.
- You can view the full Wal-Mart Stores Ratings Report.
Latest Headlines about WMT
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV